s, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s);
Baltimore County requires that all rental properties be inspected every three years by a licensed home inspector.
I can help you meet this requirement quickly and easily.
$100 per unit
Discounts available for multiple properties. Please contact me with any questions or to schedule an inspection.
How to Prepare
The Baltimore County Rental License Inspection Sheet (link below)
... shows the seven areas your property must pass. Understanding these requirements in advance will help you avoid the extra time and cost of a re-inspection.
1. Smoke Detectors The presence of a hardwired and battery backed interconnected smoke detector that is operational. (Wireless interconnected smoke detectors that meet these requirements are available at most hardware stores.) Different configurations are required depending on the number of units within the building.
2. Electrical Wires Electrical wires may not be visible in living areas.
3. Water There must be hot and cold running water in both the kitchen and bathroom, with no leaks below the sink area, and the toilet must flush.
4. Basement Sleeping Areas If there is a sleeping area in the basement there must be a secondary means of escape as follows at least one basement window with a minimum 5.5 foot opening and a sill height of 44 inches or less from the floor, OR a basement door with a thumb turn dead bolt.
5. Furnace The furnace must be either operational, or because of outside temperatures it is unable to be tested.
6. Stair Railings A railing must be present for interior and exterior steps with more than 3 risers.
7. Other Concerns Finally, the inspection sheet allows our inspector to note any other readily observable problems that, in the inspector’s opinion, represent an immediate threat to the health or safety of an occupant.